1.23.2006

The Calm Before the Storm

The last 5 years for me have been both the most busy and the most rewarding. I got a new job, met my wife, got married, bought a house, and discovered a new and exciting hobby - playing and designing boardgames. However, the biggest most monumental change of ALL.... has yet to arrive. My first born son, Gabriel Marlie Mistretta, is due to enter this world in a mere 10 weeks time. It is both a thrilling and terrifying thought. Do I have what it takes to be a good dad? I certainly think I do. I know that I couldn't ask for a better partner to enter this new phase of my life with than my loving wife, Bethany. Soon, we are to be a family. Even with only a little over 2 months to go, it still feels like the day is so far away. But alas, I know it will be here before I know it, and so I am enjoying this "calm before the storm".

I am using this weblog to provide an eagle's eye view of mine and my wife's transition into parenthood and other current interests. My main focus will be on my new interest in boardgames from assisting with my partner's business, to designing my own games, to finding a really cool gaming group now called the Florida Suncoast Gamers. So keep reading, things are about to get REALLY interesting...

1 comment:

Mark Mistretta said...

Yes Dad, you're right...his name is Gabriel MARLIE Mistretta. :-)