2.20.2006

Baby Stuff Everywhere!

The day of Bethany's baby shower finally arrived (Sunday, Feb. 19th), and we received a massive amount of gifts! Thank you everyone! (you will still be receiving your formal thank you letter in the mail, so don't worry).

For those of you who don't know, we recently added on a sunroom to the house for the very purpose of having more space when the baby came. It turns out we need every inch of it! Every room I walk in there is some baby-related item to walk around. I don't know how one little person could possibly need so much stuff, but I will find out first hand soon enough.

Bethany is now at 33 weeks and is definitely ready to not be pregnant anymore. But there is still more preparation time required. We have 6 more Bradley classes to attend, Gabe's room needs to be set-up, and I need to do some late night cramming of any birth or parenting related information I can get my hands on!

Pat, Bethany's Mom, was here visiting us this weekend and we were both thrilled she could be here for the shower and spend time with us. She is planning to come back for the birth so hopefully that will work out.

In the midst of all of the baby stuff going on, I was able to attend Sean's 27th birthday party on Saturday night and had a great time smashing ping pong balls, thrashing guitars, and crying havoc! If anyone hasn't tried the PS2 game, Guitar Hero, you have to try it!!! If I owned a PS2, I would buy it in a instant, but I heard it is so popular it is sold out in stores (although you can find it on eBay). It is a game in which you watch the screen and try to play a toy guitar to the beat of the songs. Why did no one think of this concept before? I hope that Nintendo can come up with something similar as I am not about to buy a PS2. Crying Havoc refers to a new card game that we played until 3:00 a.m. in the morning. It involves building poker hands and then winning battles with them. It is a very clever and inventive game and everyone had a good time. Congrats to Mike on his 6-card straight flush (highest hand in the game), although James pulled out the win in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mark. I'm not sure if you have Nintendo or their Game Cube, but if you have the latter, there's a game called Donkey Konga with drums that is a lot of fun, too! You have to clap and drum along with a bunch of different songs, and it can get pretty crazy. One of John's friends is AMAZING at it. :-)

Mark Mistretta said...

Thanks for the tip Tara! I will have to check it out!