3.01.2006

Marching Onward...

I looked at my desk calendar today and noticed that it had a different month listed on it... March. Normally this would not have much significance, but this year it could be the month that my son is born. Granted, Bethany is not due until April 10th. However, we were told that this is an approximate date only and that the window of Gabe's potential birth day is 2 weeks before and after the date. So we are looking at somewhere between Mar 27 and Apr 24. Does anyone care to guess on the date. Maybe we can get a little pool going?

March 1st also marks the beginning of Lent as today is Ash Wednesday. Instead of giving up a specific item this year (i.e. desserts), I am instead trying to take a more holistic approach to Lent in an attempt to become more disciplined. My biggest problem comes with staying up too late on week nights. Also, when I have an appointment or certain time I am supposed to be somewhere, I will often delay leaving until the last possible moment or even sometimes after that, causing me to have to rush and/or be late. I figure that I should try to improve in this area before Gabe gets here, because I will really need to be more disciplined then.

No comments: